Can any real estate agent help me?
We know what you’re thinking: “Of course KNE Realty’s website is going to say ‘Only KNE REALTORS can help you purchase your home with a VA Home Loan!’”
Well, if you were thinking that, you’re wrong. We are not the only group of REALTORS who are extremely knowledgeable and experienced with the VA Home Loan and can promise to serve you to the best of their abilities throughout the process. However, we are one of the few. This unfortunate reality is due to the fact many agents view VA loans as time-sucking, tedious and high-risk.
This is a blatant misconception that has plagued the real estate community for years. Although working with a government agency in the past was tedious because all of the business was done by hand, the truth of the matter is that the VA loan process today is much more streamlined and a VA knowledgeable agent is totally capable of helping you complete the process.
A large faction of REALTORs also claim to know VA loans, when in reality they know little to nothing about them. The VA loan is not your run-of-the-mill loan: it’s a unique tool that requires specialized knowledge because it comes with certain rules and regulations.
So, if you’re not looking to buy in Michigan and don’t know where to find a VA-savvy agent, contact us and we can help you find an agent almost anywhere in the U.S.
However, even if we or someone else suggests an agent, you should still vet him or her to make sure he or she knows VA loans and has a successful track record. Here are some questions you can ask:
- Do you have significant experience in the market I’m looking at?
- Do you have experience with the VA Home Loan?
- How many VA loan deals have you done?
- Can I have references from your past VA clients?
- How many clients are you working with, and are they mostly sellers or buyers?
- Will I work with you from start to finish, or will I be working with your assistant most of the time?
- How will you keep me informed during the process?